An Israeli drone strike killed two young Palestinian boys in southern Gaza. The incident occurred Saturday morning near Khan Yunis. The boys’ family identified them as eight and ten-year-old brothers.

According to the Gaza civil defence agency, the strike happened in the Bani Suheila area. The Israeli military stated it targeted two suspects who posed an “immediate threat”. This event highlights the ongoing tensions in the region despite a fragile ceasefire.
Details of the Deadly Incident
Mahmud Bassal, a spokesman for Gaza’s civil defence, confirmed the strike to AFP. He said it took place around 8:30 am local time. The boys were named Fadi and Jumaa Tamer Abu Assi.
Their uncle, Alaa Abu Assi, told AFP the children were gathering firewood. He stated they were helping their disabled father. “They were innocent children who have no rockets and no bombs,” he said.
The Controversial Yellow Line Boundary
The strike happened near the “Yellow Line”. This is a boundary marked by yellow concrete blocks within Gaza. Israeli forces withdrew behind this line under a US-brokered ceasefire.
The Israeli military said the boys crossed this line. It claimed they conducted “suspicious activities” and approached troops. Another uncle, Baha Abu Assi, contested this, saying the family is unaware of any clear boundary markers.
The boys’ funeral was held Saturday afternoon. Over sixty mourners gathered at Nasser Hospital in Khan Yunis. Their father, in a wheelchair, was seen clinging to their body bags.
This tragic event underscores the severe human cost of the ongoing conflict. The death of these two boys adds to the mounting Palestinian casualties reported by the Gaza health ministry. The Israeli drone strike in Gaza continues to be a focal point of international concern.
A quick knowledge drop for you
What is the Yellow Line in Gaza?
The Yellow Line is a boundary marked by yellow concrete blocks inside the Gaza Strip. Israeli forces withdrew to positions behind this line following a recent ceasefire. The area around it has seen multiple violent incidents since the truce began.
How many casualties have been reported since the ceasefire?
The health ministry in Hamas-run Gaza reports 354 Palestinians killed by Israeli fire since the ceasefire started. This figure includes combatants and civilians. The situation remains highly volatile despite the truce.
What was the Israeli military’s justification for the strike?
The military stated it identified two suspects who crossed the Yellow Line. It claimed they conducted suspicious activities and posed an immediate threat to troops. The air force then “eliminated the suspects to remove the threat”.
How did the boys’ family respond to the incident?
Family members expressed grief and outrage. They insisted the children were innocent and only gathering firewood for their disabled father. An uncle stated they found the boys “in pieces” at the scene.
What is the current status of the ceasefire?
The US-brokered ceasefire between Israel and Hamas remains fragile. It came into effect on October 10. Multiple deadly incidents have occurred along the Yellow Line boundary since then.
iNews covers the latest and most impactful stories across
entertainment,
business,
sports,
politics, and
technology,
from AI breakthroughs to major global developments. Stay updated with the trends shaping our world. For news tips, editorial feedback, or professional inquiries, please email us at
[email protected].
Get the latest news and Breaking News first by following us on
Google News,
Twitter,
Facebook,
Telegram
, and subscribe to our
YouTube channel.



