Tom Bergeron is coming back to the ballroom. The beloved former host will appear on the Dancing With the Stars 20th anniversary episode. His return comes five years after his controversial exit from the show.

Bergeron hosted the hit ABC competition from its 2005 debut until 2019. His firing, alongside co-host Erin Andrews, was announced in July 2020. The network cited a “new creative direction” for the series at the time.
Behind the Scenes of the 2020 Exit
Bergeron has previously described his departure as a “betrayal.” He felt misled by producers after a discussion about the show’s direction. According to Bergeron, he urged executives to avoid political casting.
He specifically advised against featuring figures from the contentious 2020 election cycle. Despite this, former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer was cast for season 28. Bergeron expressed his frustration publicly on social media, signaling a rift with producers.
The decision to replace Bergeron and Andrews with Tyra Banks was defended by then-showrunner Andrew Llinares. He told reporters it was about evolving the show and reaching a new audience. However, the change was met with significant criticism from long-time viewers.
A Nostalgic Return for the Anniversary Special
Current showrunner Conrad Green, who helmed the show during its early seasons, facilitated the return. Green extended an “olive branch” to Bergeron, reminiscing about fond memories. This gesture paved the way for the guest judge appearance.
Bergeron says he is “thrilled” to be returning to a “room full of friends.” He will join judges Carrie Ann Inaba, Bruno Tonioli, and Derek Hough on the panel. Hosts Alfonso Ribeiro and Julianne Hough will also be part of the special event.
This marks a significant moment for fans of the original DWTS format. Bergeron’s charm and wit were synonymous with the show for 28 seasons. His return for the milestone episode offers a sense of closure for many.
Bergeron’s comeback provides a full-circle moment for Dancing With the Stars, celebrating two decades of glitter and glamour with one of its most iconic figures back in the fold.
Thought you’d like to know-
Why was Tom Bergeron fired from DWTS?
ABC and BBC Studios announced they were pursuing a “new creative direction” for the show. This led to the removal of both Bergeron and his co-host Erin Andrews before season 29.
What was Tom Bergeron’s main issue with the show before he left?
He strongly disagreed with the casting of political figures like Sean Spicer. Bergeron felt the show should be an escape from politics, not a platform for them.
When is Tom Bergeron returning to DWTS?
He will appear as a guest judge on the 20th anniversary special. The episode is scheduled to air on November 11.
Who convinced Tom Bergeron to return to the show?
Current showrunner Conrad Green, who was the original showrunner, reached out to him. Green reminisced about the show’s early days, which persuaded Bergeron to come back.
Will Tom Bergeron host DWTS again?
No, his appearance is a one-time guest judge role for the anniversary. The show’s hosting team remains Alfonso Ribeiro and Julianne Hough.
জুমবাংলা নিউজ সবার আগে পেতে Follow করুন জুমবাংলা গুগল নিউজ, জুমবাংলা টুইটার , জুমবাংলা ফেসবুক, জুমবাংলা টেলিগ্রাম এবং সাবস্ক্রাইব করুন জুমবাংলা ইউটিউব চ্যানেলে।



