Close Menu
iNews Zoombangla
  • Bangladesh
  • World
  • Tech
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Bangla
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
iNews Zoombangla
  • Bangladesh
  • World
  • Tech
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Bangla
iNews Zoombangla
Home English International Meloni Calls Trump G7 Photo Claim Completely Fabricated as Italy Cancels US Trip
English International

Meloni Calls Trump G7 Photo Claim Completely Fabricated as Italy Cancels US Trip

By Tarek HasanJune 20, 20263 Mins Read

Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni publicly rejected President Donald Trump‘s claim that she “begged” him for a photograph at the G7 summit in Evian-les-Bains, France, calling the assertion “completely fabricated.” The dispute erupted on Thursday and escalated rapidly when Italy’s foreign minister cancelled a scheduled trip to the United States in response.

Giorgia Meloni Trump G7 photo

Advertisement

Trump made the remarks during an interview that aired on Italian broadcaster La7. When asked about the Ukraine conflict, he veered into a description of his interaction with Meloni at the summit, suggesting she had sought him out for a photo opportunity. Meloni responded in a video statement issued the same day, saying she was astonished by what she described as misleading comments about a close ally.

“This claim is completely fabricated,” Meloni said. She did not elaborate on what she said actually occurred between the two leaders at Evian, but her tone was notably firm. The statement was released through her office and published across Italian media within hours.

Italian Foreign Minister Antonio Tajani cancelled a planned visit to the United States on Thursday, citing Trump’s remarks as “serious and offensive” toward Meloni and toward Italy as a nation. Tajani described the comments as incompatible with the kind of exchange expected between allied governments.

Meloni and Trump had been considered close allies since her election in 2022. She was among the first European leaders to meet with Trump after his return to the White House in January 2025, and the two had presented a cordial front at multiple international meetings. The public break marks a significant change in tone between Rome and Washington.

The dispute has drawn attention across Europe, where governments have been watching Trump’s relationships with individual European leaders since the G7 concluded. The rift between Trump and Meloni is now the defining diplomatic story out of the Evian summit. Trump’s domestic approval numbers on economic issues have also declined recently.

The White House has not issued a formal response to Meloni’s statement or Tajani’s cancellation as of Friday morning. Trump’s team has not commented publicly on the Italian foreign minister’s decision to withdraw from the planned US visit.

Italy remains a key NATO ally. Rome has supported US positions on Ukraine aid and has been one of the more cooperative European capitals on defence spending targets. The full context of the G7 interaction between the two leaders remains disputed. Whether the cancellation will have a lasting effect on bilateral relations depends on whether either side moves to de-escalate in the coming days.

fXinmwalink@tg
Zoom Bangla News
Zoom Bangla News
inews.zoombangla.com
Follow

Follow iNews Zoombangla On Google

Open the Google follow page and tap the checkmark option to receive more updates from iNews Zoombangla in your Google news feed.

Follow iNews Zoombangla On Google
G7 summit Giorgia Meloni Giorgia Meloni Trump G7 photo Italy Trump US Italy relations
Tarek Hasan
  • Website
  • Facebook
  • X (Twitter)
  • Instagram

Tarek Hasan is a professional journalist and currently works as a sub-editor at Zoom Bangla News. With six years of experience in journalism, he is an experienced writer with a strong focus on accuracy, clarity, and editorial quality. His work contributes to delivering reliable and engaging news content to digital audiences.

Related Posts
apple iphone 18 pro max

iPhone 18 Pro Max rumors shift focus to a split iPhone 18 launch and camera upgrades

August 22, 2026
Riya Ahir seeks FIR withdrawal as Mumbai protest

Riya Ahir seeks FIR withdrawal as Mumbai protest harassment complaint draws police attention

August 22, 2026
Niu Lai Chinese movie box office

Niu Lai Chinese movie box office surge triggers debate over cinema standards

August 22, 2026

Latest News

apple iphone 18 pro max

iPhone 18 Pro Max rumors shift focus to a split iPhone 18 launch and camera upgrades

Riya Ahir seeks FIR withdrawal as Mumbai protest

Riya Ahir seeks FIR withdrawal as Mumbai protest harassment complaint draws police attention

Niu Lai Chinese movie box office

Niu Lai Chinese movie box office surge triggers debate over cinema standards

2027 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid redesign reported

2027 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid redesign reported, powertrain unconfirmed

Realme P4s 5G

realme P4s 5G confirmed with Dimensity 7400 Ultra and 1.5K 144Hz display

yash toxic movie

Toxic movie trailer expands Yash’s period gangster world with dual role and ensemble cast

GJ 523b

GJ 523b: Astronomers Confirm a Rocky Mega-Earth 23 Times More Massive

Lily Hooper

Lily Hooper Found Dead After Search, Family Was Initially Given Wrong News

Lalithaa Jewellery

Lalithaa Jewellery IPO Allotment Status: Refunds and Share Credit Due August 21

Nick Kyrgios

Nick Kyrgios Provisionally Suspended After Positive Cocaine Test, ITIA Says

 

Inews

iNews Zoombangla is your trusted destination for fast, accurate, and relevant English news. We cover Bangladesh, world affairs, technology, business, sports, entertainment, lifestyle, science, and research for English-language readers. iNews Zoombangla is the English news edition of ZooBangla.

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Career
  • Advertise
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Feed
  • Authors
  • Editorial Team Info
  • Ethics Policy
  • Correction Policy
  • Fact-Checking Policy
  • Funding Information
© 2026 ZoomBangla Pvt Ltd. - Powered by ZoomBangla

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

tgXwa