Close Menu
iNews Zoombangla
  • Bangladesh
  • World
  • Tech
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Bangla
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
iNews Zoombangla
  • Bangladesh
  • World
  • Tech
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Bangla
iNews Zoombangla
Home English NEET UG Re-Exam Set For June 21 After Paper Leak Confirmation
Education English

NEET UG Re-Exam Set For June 21 After Paper Leak Confirmation

By Tusher DebnathMay 15, 2026Updated:May 15, 20262 Mins Read

The NEET-UG 2026 examination will be held again on June 21 after the government confirmed that the original question paper had been leaked, bringing fresh uncertainty for medical aspirants who had already appeared for the test earlier this month.

Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan announced the decision on Thursday, days after complaints reached the National Testing Agency about questions from a so-called “guess paper” matching the actual examination paper.

The original NEET-UG 2026 exam was conducted on May 3. For students, the confirmation has turned what should have been a waiting period into another round of preparation, anxiety and logistical planning.

According to the Education Ministry, the NTA received complaints on May 7. The matter was then taken up by the Higher Education Department, which began an inquiry with support from state agencies.

NEET UG Re-Exam

Advertisement

By May 12, officials had confirmed that the examination paper had been leaked under the cover of a guess paper, Pradhan said. That finding led the Centre to cancel the earlier process and order a fresh nationwide examination.

The case has raised serious questions about the security of one of India’s most important entrance tests. NEET-UG decides admission to undergraduate medical courses, and any disruption affects not just candidates but also families, coaching centres, colleges and the wider academic calendar.

Investigators are now examining what appears to be a wider paper leak network. Officials are looking into digital evidence, financial transactions and communication records linked to the circulation of the suspected leaked questions.

The government has not yet released the full operational details for the re-exam. Officials said the NTA will issue revised guidelines, admit cards and the updated schedule shortly.

Pradhan also indicated that major national entrance examinations are expected to gradually move toward a computer-based format from next year. The shift is being considered as a way to reduce the risk of paper leaks and strengthen confidence in the examination system.

For candidates, the immediate concern is simpler and heavier at the same time: they must prepare again for an exam they believed was already behind them.

The June 21 re-examination now becomes a test not only for students, but also for the credibility of the national testing process. The coming days will show how quickly the NTA can restore clarity, communicate with candidates and ensure that the fresh examination is conducted without another breach.

fXinmwalink@tg
Zoom Bangla News
Zoom Bangla News
inews.zoombangla.com
Follow

Follow iNews Zoombangla On Google

Open the Google follow page and tap the checkmark option to receive more updates from iNews Zoombangla in your Google news feed.

Follow iNews Zoombangla On Google
Tusher Debnath
  • Website
  • Facebook
  • X (Twitter)
  • Instagram

Tusher Debnath is a professional Journalist and currently works as a Sub-Editor at Zoom Bangla News. He is also an experienced writer.

Related Posts
apple iphone 18 pro max

iPhone 18 Pro Max rumors shift focus to a split iPhone 18 launch and camera upgrades

August 22, 2026
Riya Ahir seeks FIR withdrawal as Mumbai protest

Riya Ahir seeks FIR withdrawal as Mumbai protest harassment complaint draws police attention

August 22, 2026
Niu Lai Chinese movie box office

Niu Lai Chinese movie box office surge triggers debate over cinema standards

August 22, 2026

Latest News

apple iphone 18 pro max

iPhone 18 Pro Max rumors shift focus to a split iPhone 18 launch and camera upgrades

Riya Ahir seeks FIR withdrawal as Mumbai protest

Riya Ahir seeks FIR withdrawal as Mumbai protest harassment complaint draws police attention

Niu Lai Chinese movie box office

Niu Lai Chinese movie box office surge triggers debate over cinema standards

2027 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid redesign reported

2027 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid redesign reported, powertrain unconfirmed

Realme P4s 5G

realme P4s 5G confirmed with Dimensity 7400 Ultra and 1.5K 144Hz display

yash toxic movie

Toxic movie trailer expands Yash’s period gangster world with dual role and ensemble cast

GJ 523b

GJ 523b: Astronomers Confirm a Rocky Mega-Earth 23 Times More Massive

Lily Hooper

Lily Hooper Found Dead After Search, Family Was Initially Given Wrong News

Lalithaa Jewellery

Lalithaa Jewellery IPO Allotment Status: Refunds and Share Credit Due August 21

Nick Kyrgios

Nick Kyrgios Provisionally Suspended After Positive Cocaine Test, ITIA Says

 

Inews

iNews Zoombangla is your trusted destination for fast, accurate, and relevant English news. We cover Bangladesh, world affairs, technology, business, sports, entertainment, lifestyle, science, and research for English-language readers. iNews Zoombangla is the English news edition of ZooBangla.

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Career
  • Advertise
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Feed
  • Authors
  • Editorial Team Info
  • Ethics Policy
  • Correction Policy
  • Fact-Checking Policy
  • Funding Information
© 2026 ZoomBangla Pvt Ltd. - Powered by ZoomBangla

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

tgXwa