U.S. Air Force Major Jason Watson is being held at a Maryland county facility on a military hold after his earlier arrest during a protest calling for President Donald Trump’s impeachment. His name rose in the United States Trending Now list on August 21 as attention shifted to the latest detention update.

A report carried by Yahoo’s AT&T news page said Watson was detained again after the Capitol-related case and remained in custody according to the detention center’s public information officer. The report identified him as the active-duty officer who was arrested after protesting on the U.S. Capitol steps.
Military Times previously reported that Watson was restricted to a Washington-area military base and was under investigation after appearing in uniform at a protest. That earlier report said the Air Force expected service members to follow rules governing political participation and the wearing of uniforms.
Watson’s counsel separately issued a statement through PR Newswire saying the major had spoken against what he believed were unconstitutional government actions, including the war in Iran. The statement said counsel expected a detention hearing and would seek his release. It represents the defense position and is not an independent finding by a court or military authority.
The case should therefore be understood as an evolving legal and military matter. The available reports confirm detention and the existence of a protest-related case, but they do not establish that Watson has been found guilty of every allegation or that the final disciplinary outcome has been decided. Further court or military records will be needed to clarify the next step.



