Close Menu
iNews Zoombangla
  • Bangladesh
  • World
  • Tech
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Bangla
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
iNews Zoombangla
  • Bangladesh
  • World
  • Tech
  • Business
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Bangla
iNews Zoombangla
Home English Entertainment Hollywood Buckingham Palace Withdraws Prince Harry Room Offer Before UK Visit
English Entertainment Hollywood

Buckingham Palace Withdraws Prince Harry Room Offer Before UK Visit

By Sadia Afrin JoyaJuly 6, 20262 Mins Read

Buckingham Palace has withdrawn its offer of a room for Prince Harry during his UK visit this week, ITV News reported on Monday. The Duke of Sussex is travelling to London without Meghan and their children.

Prince Harry Buckingham Palace

Advertisement

The offer of accommodation had been on the table for some time. Harry initially declined it, then changed his mind, but sources say he did not formally accept until Saturday. The Palace says the deadline for allocating a room and arranging staffing had already passed.

Why the timing became a problem

Palace sources also pointed to Tuesday, when judgment is due in Harry’s long-running High Court case against the publisher of the Daily Mail. They said they had concerns about the Duke staying in a royal residence on the day the ruling lands.

Harry, along with other claimants including Elton John, Liz Hurley and Baroness Doreen Lawrence, sued Associated Newspapers over claims they were the victims of unlawful information gathering. The newspaper group strongly rejected the claims, and many of the claimants gave evidence at the High Court earlier this year.

The Duke’s side sees it differently

A spokesperson for Harry said the Duke spent last week making alternative security arrangements after RAVEC, the body that decides royal protection, declined to provide security for his family. Once those arrangements were in place, he formally accepted the accommodation offer over the weekend.

The spokesperson called the withdrawal disappointing, and noted that the Palace had known about Tuesday’s judgment since last Thursday. In their words, it is unclear why the offer was pulled at the last moment after being formally accepted.

A familiar pattern in a strained relationship

Harry’s UK visits have repeatedly turned on questions of security and accommodation since he stepped back from royal duties in 2020. The dispute over RAVEC protection has run through the courts for years.

This trip was seen by some royal watchers as a possible step toward easing tensions with his father. The accommodation row suggests the two households are still finding that difficult.

Harry’s visit goes ahead this week, with the High Court judgment due on Tuesday.

References

ITV News. (2026). Buckingham Palace says Prince Harry can no longer stay during UK trip. Published July 6, 2026.

fXinmwalink@tg
Zoom Bangla News
Zoom Bangla News
inews.zoombangla.com
Follow

Follow iNews Zoombangla On Google

Open the Google follow page and tap the checkmark option to receive more updates from iNews Zoombangla in your Google news feed.

Follow iNews Zoombangla On Google
Buckingham Palace Duke of Sussex Harry UK visit Prince Harry Prince Harry Buckingham Palace Royal Family
Sadia Afrin Joya
  • Website

Sadia Afrin Joya is a journalist at Zoom Bangla News, contributing to news writing and editorial support. She works to ensure accuracy, clarity, and consistency in published content for digital audiences. Her approach reflects a commitment to responsible journalism and quality reporting.

Related Posts
Walmart stock

Walmart Stock Slides as U.S. Sales Growth Hits Six-Year Low

August 21, 2026
Eric Swalwell

Federal Agents Seize Eric Swalwell’s Devices in Misconduct Probe

August 21, 2026
Jason Watson

Air Force Major Jason Watson Detained Again After Capitol Protest Case

August 21, 2026

Latest News

Walmart stock

Walmart Stock Slides as U.S. Sales Growth Hits Six-Year Low

Eric Swalwell

Federal Agents Seize Eric Swalwell’s Devices in Misconduct Probe

Jason Watson

Air Force Major Jason Watson Detained Again After Capitol Protest Case

Bryan Randall

Sandra Bullock Speaks About Bryan Randall’s ALS Battle and Years of Grief

Donald Trump

Trump Approval Falls to 33% in Reuters/Ipsos Poll, Lowest of Presidency

Peyton Watson

Peyton Watson Heads to Cavaliers in Four-Team NBA Deal Worth $88 Million

Christy Lee

Post Malone and Christy Lee Reportedly Engaged After Romance Rekindles

Prince Harry

Prince Harry and Meghan to Return to UK With Children for Extended Stay

Sumaiya Saiyed

Interrogation of influencer Sumaiya Saiyed

apple iphone 18 pro max

iPhone 18 Pro Max expected in September as Apple event plans emerge

 

Inews

iNews Zoombangla is your trusted destination for fast, accurate, and relevant English news. We cover Bangladesh, world affairs, technology, business, sports, entertainment, lifestyle, science, and research for English-language readers. iNews Zoombangla is the English news edition of ZooBangla.

  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Career
  • Advertise
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Feed
  • Authors
  • Editorial Team Info
  • Ethics Policy
  • Correction Policy
  • Fact-Checking Policy
  • Funding Information
© 2026 ZoomBangla Pvt Ltd. - Powered by ZoomBangla

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

tgXwa