Prince Harry and Meghan are preparing to return to Britain with their two children for an extended stay, bringing the Sussex family back to the country they left as working royals in 2020. The move was among the most searched topics in the United States on Google Trends on August 21.

The Associated Press reported that the return is expected to begin this fall and that Archie and Lilibet have been enrolled in British schools for September. The report said the family is expected to stay at a private, non-royal residence. Harry and Meghan are keeping their homes in California and Portugal, so the arrangement is not being presented as a permanent abandonment of their life in the United States.
The Guardian reported that the couple could relocate later in August and said King Charles was informed about the plan. The newspaper also noted that Harry and Meghan will remain private citizens and will not resume official working roles within the royal family.
Security remains a major practical issue. Harry has previously argued that he does not feel safe bringing his family to Britain without police protection, while the Home Office has said security arrangements are assessed through the government’s established protective-security system. Details of the family’s arrangements have not been made public.
There has been no full public statement from the Sussexes confirming every detail of the plan. Coverage therefore continues to describe the timing and residence as subject to change, while the children’s expected school start and the family’s extended British stay are the clearest reported elements.



